From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Blockers in any-of groups
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:03:46
1 >>>>> On Wed, 19 Feb 2014, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 08:49:18 +0100 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 >> Hi all, PMS says in [1]: "A blocker is considered to be matched if
6 >> its associated package dependency specification is not matched."
7
8 > I seem to recall not implementing this at all in Paludis, and just
9 > having an error message which suggests that someone has done
10 > something awful and that we should deal with it if the issue ever
11 > comes up...
12
13 Hm, the above seems to be your own wording [1]. ;-) Should we change
14 it to something like "blockers are not allowed in an any-of group"?
15
16 I find one case in the tree where something similar is used.
17 virtual/perl-Exporter-5.680.0 has this in its RDEPEND:
18
19 || (
20 (
21 >=dev-lang/perl-5.17.11
22 <=dev-lang/perl-5.19.2
23 !perl-core/Exporter
24 )
25 ~perl-core/Exporter-${PV}
26 )
27
28 Do we consider this legitimate usage? And does it actually work in
29 package managers?
30
31 Ulrich
32