From: Sebastian Luther <SebastianLuther@×××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] New proposed modular sync system
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 07:14:01
1 Am 31.01.2014 06:27, schrieb Brian Dolbec:
2
3 > I have updated the Proposal page [2] with more things to do as well as
4 > some insights I discovered during the initial porting.
7 > 6. Determine the method to be able to do concurrent repo syncs
8
9 Take a look at the stuff in portage.util.{_async,_eventloop}. It's used
10 in various places in emerge if you need an example.
11
12 > 18. Modify emerge-webrsync cli to use the new webrsync module
13
14 I'd just remove emerge-webrsync and ask the user to use emerge --sync
15 instead.
16
17 > Next up for discussion is what additional functionality should a module
18 > supply?
19 >
20 > I think it should provide a list or dictionary of the repos.conf
21 > variables it needs or uses. I also think that the module should
22 > provide a function for validating the conf variables meet some minimum
23 > standard/obvious error checking.
24
25 Why should it provide that list at all, if it has a function to validate
26 its input? The calling code should just check sync-type, select the
27 appropriate module and pass everything to it.