From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: a suggestion about einfo messages
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:05:00
1 Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
2
3 > For what it's worth, I don't have that in my make.conf or in my
4 > make.globals.
5 >
6 > I installed with 2004.1. This little logging tidbit isn't in the
7 > Handbook either.
8 >
9 > Surely this should be a default and very publicized feature. I happen to
10 > agree with the OP that emerge should cache the messages and display them
11 > at the end.
12
13 Unpack a portage tarball, and the x86 make.conf file will be in the cnf/
14 folder.
15
16 A small (IMHO) bug in catalsyt (the utility that builds stages)
17 generates its own make.conf file, and I think after building, it should
18 copy over a full portage make.conf for users, as the catalyst generated
19 one lacks comments and such.
22 --Kumba
25 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
26 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
27 elsewhere." --Elrond
30 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list