From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] New Portage release
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 18:31:02
1 On Sat, 8 Feb 2014 10:03:15 +0100
2 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hey all,
5 >
6 > I'm sorry if this has been discussed previously. I admit not having
7 > read all of the mails on this list recently.
8 >
9 > Long story short: what are the plans on releasing 2.2.9?
10 >
11 > Longer version: for Prefix I likely need a new release soon to get
12 > some fixes out of the door. Since I like to stay on par with mainline
13 > portage's versioning here, I've been going along with mainline
14 > portage's releases for a while, which worked fine. Now we haven't
15 > got a release for a long while, what's the plans here? Is there
16 > anyone at all who can/dares to spin a release?
17 >
18 > Apologies in advance if this has been discussed recently.
19 >
20 > Thanks,
21 > Fabian
24 I hadn't thought about 2.2.9 just yet. We are having a meeting
25 tomorrow at Feb. 9, 19:00 UTC in #gentoo-meetings, join us and we can
26 discuss it more with the others. There have been a few bug fixes, but
27 I don't know if there is some others that should be dealt with before a
28 2.2.9 release.
29
30 If you can't attend the meeting, at least I will have a better idea of
31 when we will be able to do a release.
34 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>