From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [RFC] making the tree depend on portage
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:54:20
1 Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > Reasoning on checking all system atoms is that other groups are just as likely
3 > to need the functionality as we are. Combining that with how rarely versions
4 > are actually updated for system packages, it shouldn't cause any more bother
5 > to users than it needs to.
6
7 Well, that approach has one major problem: it won't help for profile
8 changes (like the mess with the cascaded profiles). Also I don't see
9 what "system" has to do with handling the tree itself, and for anything
10 else people can add dependencies, or am I missing something here?
11
12 Marius
13 --
14 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list