From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] .53, .54 and beyond...
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:23:29
1 Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > Postpone the cache rewrite from above. Have only the minimal mods necessary to
3 > fix the PORT_LOGDIR/tee bug. Include the other two as is. That would be
4 > 2.0.54 as per the attached patch. Get that out soon and get trunk out masked
5 > at around the same time. As soon as 2.0.54 goes stable put trunk into ~arch.
6 > However, instead of ~arch meaning "regression fixes only" we could just limit
7 > it to "minor changes only" (ie. no big refactorings, rewrites or similar high
8 > risk changes) until it is time to stable it.
9
10 That seems reasonable. Perhaps we could introduce a third tier (beyond stable and ~arch) via -* keywords or package.mask?
11
12 > However, with the trunk's target (2.1?) rather than letting the arch teams
13 > decide when we call it stable, I think it would be a better idea to move it
14 > to the .0 version when we feel it is ready leaving it in ~arch. As
15 > regressions are fixed the .0 can be bumped to .1, .2 or whatever, but the
16 > focus can move to what happens beyond that rather than waiting...
17
18 Yeah, this focus on waiting is rather annoying. :)
19
20 Zac
21 --
22 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list