From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Plugin framework
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:18:29
1 On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:38:28 +0900
2 Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > The cache and elog plugin selection(s) come from user settings but
5 > emaint (and repoman whenever that happens (and possibly even emerge
6 > itself one day?)) needs to automatically detect what's available and
7 > use it.
8
9 The last part I consider questionable, while they shouldn't come from
10 the user config directly I'd be very careful with a "use everything
11 possible" policy. Not saying that it's flat wrong or that I have a
12 better plan right now, but having this as a primary design goal seems
13 wrong.
14
15 Marius
20 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
21 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.