From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Portage phase hooks patch
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:03:29
1 Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2 > Mike Kelly <pioto@×××××.org> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Well, the main benefit I get by not using an eclass hook is that I can
5 >> properly clean up after myself if a build fails, and, I think, better
6 >> handle the addition of users in the case where the build and install
7 >> machines are different.
8 >
9 > If the main issue is cleaning up after an abort, perhaps it would be
10 > useful to add a pkg_abort() phase to the package manager; then that can
11 > be implemented in an eclass.
12
13 I'd also be interested in a pkg_abort() phase, or another way to script actions
14 triggered by a compile failure. If it could tell the difference between build
15 error and user abort, even better. And if it could pass the phase it was in
16 when the abort occurred to the eclass, that would rock.
17
18 --de.
21 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list