From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] .53, .54 and beyond...
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:50:45
1 On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 22:02 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:41:19 -0500 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
3 > | On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 21:00 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > | > How will that work for packages that have a runtime dependency upon
5 > | > a text file supplied by a different package?
6 > |
7 > | text files which are true runtime deps belong in RDEPEND.
8 >
9 > Ok. So embedded tools which rely upon RRDEPEND for runtime dependencies
10 > will end up producing incomplete installs?
11
12 Yeah that's what we want, We intend to create tools that leave systems
13 broken. You want to be the first tester? Please take your spin of things
14 off of this and look at it for what it is. Your not going to use a
15 feature for something unless it's suited for the job at hand.
18 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
19 Gentoo Linux
22 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list