From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] .53, .54 and beyond...
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:03:44
1 On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:41:19 -0500 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
2 | On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 21:00 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 | > How will that work for packages that have a runtime dependency upon
4 | > a text file supplied by a different package?
5 |
6 | text files which are true runtime deps belong in RDEPEND.
7
8 Ok. So embedded tools which rely upon RRDEPEND for runtime dependencies
9 will end up producing incomplete installs?
10
11 | Clearly c++ templates are beyond the scope of the what RRDEPEND can
12 | provide. I could be wrong but I don't think those c++ templates are
13 | anything revdep-rebuild or verify-rdepends handle any differently.
14
15 That one's a separate issue, since you don't need C++ template header
16 files installed if you don't ever intend to compile anything on the
17 system in question. I was thinking more along the lines of (non-minimal)
18 vim needing vim-core here.
21 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Supreme Lord Gerbil Wrangler)
22 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm