From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] .53, .54 and beyond...
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:42:00
1 On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 21:00 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:05:57 -0500 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
3 > | Programs such as revdep-rebuild, verify-rdepend would be able to make
4 > | immediate use. A little bit of a longer term goal is to see portage
5 > | gain the ability to request to only use RRDEPEND entries to be used
6 > | for depgraph creation for use with embedded/mimimal systems.
7 >
8 > How will that work for packages that have a runtime dependency upon a
9 > text file supplied by a different package?
10
11 text files which are true runtime deps belong in RDEPEND.
12 Clearly c++ templates are beyond the scope of the what RRDEPEND can
13 provide. I could be wrong but I don't think those c++ templates are
14 anything revdep-rebuild or verify-rdepends handle any differently.
17 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
18 Gentoo Linux
21 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list