From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] .53, .54 and beyond...
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:22:40
1 [ Apologies if two of these show up. I kinda, uh, broke Exim
2 slightly... ]
3
4 On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:41:19 -0500 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
5 | On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 21:00 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
6 | > How will that work for packages that have a runtime dependency upon
7 | > a text file supplied by a different package?
8 |
9 | text files which are true runtime deps belong in RDEPEND.
10
11 So an embedded system creating tool thing will end up providing broken
12 installs when ignoring RDEPEND?
13
14 | Clearly c++ templates are beyond the scope of the what RRDEPEND can
15 | provide. I could be wrong but I don't think those c++ templates are
16 | anything revdep-rebuild or verify-rdepends handle any differently.
17
18 Separate issue. I was thinking more along the lines of (non-minimal)
19 vim needing vim-core, for example.
22 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Supreme Lord Gerbil Wrangler)
23 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
24 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm