From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] VCS used for development of portage
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 09:50:13
1 On Saturday 06 March 2010, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > In either case, I'm starting to wonder if the change is just trivial
3 > enough to get done in svn2git or git-svn directly. I think other
4 > properties are already there.
5
6 The git-svn man page states that a transformation is not trivial. I
7 don't know if in general, svn:ignore is a subset of gitignore.
8 Apprarantly, git-svnimport can handle this transformation, but it will
9 probably come with other problems.
10
11 In my opinion, we should just ignore this small history loss and after
12 the git conversion, commit a .gitignore file with the latest ignore
13 rules to the active branches. But that is just my opinion, and for the
14 actual portage developers to decide.
18 Robert