From: Jason Stubbs <jasonstubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Bugzilla "Feature" Bugs
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 02:09:48
1 On Thursday 08 January 2004 01:28, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On 01/07/04 Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > I've just been going through some of the unresolved bugs and have
6 > > found(especially in the earlier bug #s) that there are many feature
7 > > requests that are unresolved. I'm thinking it would be a good idea to
8 > > create a "master" bug for portage-ng and then make it depend on all of
9 > > these unresolved feature requests. Pros? It would make it easy to
10 > > confirm that there's nothing missing from the reqspec and also make it
11 > > easy to close many (hundreds?) of bugs on portage-ng's completion.
12 > > Cons? Massive amount of deps from a single bug. Thoughts?
13 >
14 > Actually there already is a bug for that, check for "portage 3".
15 > Although it is not really used lately.
16
17 Bug #2765 entitled "Portage 3 TODO"? The first comment actually implies that
18 it's a Portage 2 TODO, but anyway...
19
20 Do you think it's worth reviving this bug? If given the okay, I'll start going
21 through outstanding bugs and adding deps to anything that is a feature
22 request.
25 Regards,
26 Jason Stubbs
29 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list