From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage and porthole
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 05:29:19
1 On Thu, 2005-10-11 at 20:51 -0600, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 06:42:54PM -0800, Brian wrote:
3 > > Just a quick question. With all the changes I see in this list. Is
4 > > there anything coming (that you know of) that will break porthole's use
5 > > of portage.
6 > Long term? I'm unfortunately looking at breaking pretty much all api
7 > access portage wise, for 3.0.
8
9 I knew that one. From what I have gathered so far I believe 3.0 is
10 getting the long awaited public API. Is that correct? If so I'll have
11 to start paying more attention to it and setup a test box to start
12 changing our portagelib.py to use it. (I can't afford to trash my main
13 box, I have business stuff on it.) Just let me know when it's time for
14 testing. :)
18 > Short term? Unless you're doing questionable stuff like bypassing the
19 > cache layer and accessing the files on disk... nope, shouldn't hork
20 > anything.
21 >
22 > ~harring
23
24 mostly just lookup stuff, get defaults, status, package info, etc.. All
25 emerges are done properly through a terminal and normal command line
26 calls.
29 Thanks...
30 --
31 Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>