From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] glsa implemented as a special set
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:19:57
1 On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 08:55:58 -0700
2 Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I was thinking that /etc/portage/sets/glsa could be a symlink to set
5 > list in the current metadata/glsa directory of the portage tree. That
6 > file should be relatively easy to auto-generate from the existing
7 > glsa*.xml files there already. Perhaps a FEATURES="GLSA_SET" would
8 > generate that file on completion of an "emerge --sync" I could also
9 > then put a GLSA field into porthole's package Summary view as well as
10 > a GLSA notebook page(s) to display the appropriate glsa?.xml file(s).
11
12 Too complicated. First you currently need gentoolkit for glsa.py, and
13 portage shouldn't depend on gentoolkit. Also you can't store
14 system-specific files in the tree. And finally using an intermediate
15 file creates some additional issues (check for IO/FS problems, checking
16 permissions, etc).
17 Any reason you need a real file for this instead of just generating the
18 list on the fly? Just check glsa-check how to do that, it's not much
19 more than a wrapper for glsa.py.
20
21 Marius
26 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
27 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.