From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] glsa implemented as a special set
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:53:49
1 I had an idea this morning about implementing glsa as a special set. I
2 know the current portage code base is not ready for /etc/portage/sets
3 support, but I thought it might be an easy way to integrate a glsa
4 up/downgrades group (set) listing in portholes upgrades view (needs some
5 familiarity of porthole's gui).
6
7 I was thinking that /etc/portage/sets/glsa could be a symlink to set
8 list in the current metadata/glsa directory of the portage tree. That
9 file should be relatively easy to auto-generate from the existing
10 glsa*.xml files there already. Perhaps a FEATURES="GLSA_SET" would
11 generate that file on completion of an "emerge --sync" I could also
12 then put a GLSA field into porthole's package Summary view as well as a
13 GLSA notebook page(s) to display the appropriate glsa?.xml file(s).
14
15 What do you think of the idea? Then as portage/pkgcore gets sets
16 support all anyone would need do is:
17
18 # emerge -upv glsa
19 (or any proper way emerge will handle set names)
20
21 for a cli listing of packages needing attention. The one thing I can
22 think of that would need slightly different handling from normal set
23 parsing would be to only list those qualifying packages that are
24 installed and ignore any other not installed package listed.
25 --
26 Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
29 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list