From: Ashish Gawarikar <ashish@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Hello
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:05:26
1 Hi George and all,
2
3 Thanks for the quick reply. I will post my next questions on gentoo-user
4 mailing list.
5 Though I wish to do something similar to the kde-base, that might not
6 solve the problem that I have.
7
8 I am trying to have a one-meta-package, that contain the other
9 packages, but I would not be exposing the other
10 packages on my download site. For example:
11
12 foo-1.0.0.ebuild will not be available to be downloaded from the
13 download site, and even bar-1.0.0.ebuild.
14 They will be only available in the dummy-1.0.0.ebuild.
15
16 The kde-base has dependencies on the other kde-packages, and downloads
17 them "independently" from the download site,
18 as they are exposed "independently".
19
20 My goal is to download one-meta-package, that has other packages
21 self-contained. On the rpm side of the world
22 "rpm of rpms", so that I dont have to mantain the other packages on my
23 download site, and one package download
24 will contain all the dependent packages within.
25
26 Thanks again,
27
28 Ashish
31 George Shapovalov wrote:
32
33 >Hi Ashish.
34 >
35 >See kde-base/kde-xxx.ebuild. In short just put all these packages as
36 >dependencies into this "meta" package. Plus be sure to keep it in your
37 >overlay (see make.conf).
38 >
39 >Also, please use gentoo-user mailing list for questions such as this. This
40 >list is for discussions of portage development.
41 >
42 >George