From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Hello
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:38:33
1 On Tuesday 12 October 2004 13:02, Ashish Gawarikar wrote:
2 > I am trying to have a one-meta-package, that contain the other
3 > packages, but I would not be exposing the other
4 > packages on my download site. For example:
5 >
6 > foo-1.0.0.ebuild will not be available to be downloaded from the
7 > download site, and even bar-1.0.0.ebuild.
8 > They will be only available in the dummy-1.0.0.ebuild.
9 [skip]
10 > My goal is to download one-meta-package, that has other packages
11 > self-contained. On the rpm side of the world
12 > "rpm of rpms", so that I dont have to mantain the other packages on my
13 > download site, and one package download
14 > will contain all the dependent packages within.
15
16 Hm, I am afraid there is no trivial way to do this, short of collating
17 contents of all these packages in a single ebuild. However this:
18 1. is ugly
19 2. will not work if there are interdependencies within this set of packages
20
21 Well, it should be possible if you split this package in two (and if it is
22 only the downloading part that you want to combine):
23 one downloads and unpacks the meta-tarball that you package yourself (should
24 have src_unpack placing extracted individual tarballs into ${D}/${DISTDIR}
25 and empty scr_compile/install)
26 second just lists the dependencies as mentioned before.
27
28 Although I fail to see why would you want to do something like that. I mean
29 what is the situation when it is better to roll your own meta tarballs rather
30 than fetch individual ones? Well, bittorrent will be more efficient with
31 single large package rather than multiple small ones, but other than that I
32 am quite puzzled :).
33
34 George
38 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list