From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] sleep 1 in misc-functions.sh
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:22:46
1 On Thursday 20 October 2011 07:20:14 Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > The full context of this message is from a thread on gentoo-alt ml:
3 > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-alt/msg_db73b1a140fd958efb88f2437170646d.
4 > xml
5 >
6 > Long story short, this person has to deal with a fileserver that sets
7 > the rw world bits on for all files that are created.
8 > While I don't think the suggested patch is fair (this is obviously a
9 > very badly configured fileserver), I do wonder if the "sleep 1" that is
10 > in the code is actually desired. In case we want it, I would suggest we
11 > move down the "sleep 1" so it's only done once for the entire list with
12 > files.
13 >
14 > Can we use eqawarn in bin/misc-functions.sh:177 instead and avoid the
15 > sleep?
16
17 or have it sleep once overall instead of per file
18 -mike