From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] sleep 1 in misc-functions.sh
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 11:20:38
1 The full context of this message is from a thread on gentoo-alt ml:
2 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-alt/msg_db73b1a140fd958efb88f2437170646d.xml
3
4 Long story short, this person has to deal with a fileserver that sets
5 the rw world bits on for all files that are created.
6 While I don't think the suggested patch is fair (this is obviously a
7 very badly configured fileserver), I do wonder if the "sleep 1" that is
8 in the code is actually desired. In case we want it, I would suggest we
9 move down the "sleep 1" so it's only done once for the entire list with
10 files.
11
12 Can we use eqawarn in bin/misc-functions.sh:177 instead and avoid the sleep?
16 Fabian Groffen
17 Gentoo on a different level