From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] release versioning meaning
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:12:14
1 On Tuesday 08 November 2005 19:42, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 07:39:01PM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > If the changes are reviewed roughly in proportion to the number of hunks,
4 > > we should be okay. At minimum, we should at least see how .54 turns out
5 > > as there will be a few major changes in there already. I kind of expect
6 > > .54 to do better than .53 actually.
7 >
8 > "roughly in proportion" ?
9
10 Lot of sparse changes should get more review, or something to that affect...
11
12 > Reminds me... portage-commits. Alias right now sort of does the job,
13 > but I want it to be an ml so we don't have to manage adding new people
14 > in- what was the end result infra wise for that?
15
16 The initial bug was to request an alias like gentoo-x86-commits. Not sure if
17 that's available to the general public or not, but it's likely easiest to
18 just maintain it manually for those that request it.
19
20 > > Remember also that if we go the 2.1.x route, 2.0.x bugfixes can be pushed
21 > > out quicker but the fixes all have to be committed twice. I for one am
22 > > terrible at that. ;)
23 >
24 > That's why we're using svn, and why merge rules. ;)
25
26 http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch04s03.html
27
28 This has given me an idea of what you are talking about but, by the sounds of
29 it, it still won't be a walk in the park. I guess if we only merge changes
30 from the stable branch into trunk whenever a release is made from stable it
31 shouln't be to hard to keep track of though.
34 Jason Stubbs
35 --
36 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list