From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] release versioning meaning
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:43:52
1 On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 07:39:01PM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > If the changes are reviewed roughly in proportion to the number of hunks, we
3 > should be okay. At minimum, we should at least see how .54 turns out as there
4 > will be a few major changes in there already. I kind of expect .54 to do
5 > better than .53 actually.
6 "roughly in proportion" ?
7
8 Reminds me... portage-commits. Alias right now sort of does the job,
9 but I want it to be an ml so we don't have to manage adding new people
10 in- what was the end result infra wise for that?
11
12 > Remember also that if we go the 2.1.x route, 2.0.x bugfixes can be pushed out
13 > quicker but the fixes all have to be committed twice. I for one am terrible
14 > at that. ;)
15
16 That's why we're using svn, and why merge rules. ;)
17 ~harring