From: "Nicolás Echániz" <nico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Undo feature in portage-ng ?
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:03:47
1 # emerge unmerge thissocoolapplication
2 does not unmerge the dependencies that were installed along with the
3 application, does it?
4
5 What I usually do is look into /var/log/emerge.log to see what
6 dependencies were installed when I installed thissocoolapplication and
7 unmerge them all. This could be done automatically, but would only be
8 approppriate if you were unmerging something you just emerged.
9 Otherwise, you could unmerge a library that is a dependency to some
10 other package that was installed later.
13 humbaba@×××.net wrote:
14
15 >>Yo,
16 >> If you mean uninstalling an installed application, then portage is
17 >>capable of that. After you emerge something as such:
18 >>emerge thissocoolapplication -v
19 >>all you have to do to undo the changes that the above command made is
20 >>this:
21 >>emerge unmerge thissocoolapplication -v
25 >I know that. But when you install some metabuild like kde you cannot just emerge unmerge kde.
26 >So it would be nice to have a feature to record the changes a certain (meta) ebuild makes, so you can later undo them.
27 >
28 >--
29 >gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list
36 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list