From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Questions about CVS locations and GID...
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:02:46
1 On 10/5/05, Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 02:52:59PM -0700, m h wrote:
3 > > Hmmm, I'm not clear yet on the value of interdomain, but I'm sure
4 > > someone will enlighten me along the way...
5 > interdomain would be how ciaran's HOME request would be pulled off;
6 > user's 'domain', configuration settings + prefix offset would try to
7 > satisfy deps from the global domain '/'. When it can't, would resort
8 > to installing to the user's domain, assuming the ebuild is capable of
9 > it.
10 >
11 > > OK, so since I have a deadline (end of next week) I'd like to have a
12 > > simple prototype working. IE me running apache on FC4 with portage.
13 > > If I can do that then it's very likely that I'll be able to devote a
14 > > bit of time towards working on this (where this could be rewrite) (bug
15 > > fixes, polishing it up, unittests, etc). On that note, I need to know
16 > > what the timeframe for rewrite is. If it's to a state where I can
17 > > work with it then maybe I should try and start from there. But I'm
18 > > assumming it will be easier/quicker to get haubi's stuff working.
19 > Haubi's is what I'd recommend.
20 > Rewrite isn't anywhere near that sort of timeline.
23 Great, so on that note, since Haubi's work is based on portage 2.1,
24 can anyone point me to the cvs repository? (Or are they all moved to
25 svn?)
28 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list