From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Status of SVN trunk?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:10:42
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been using an old portage CVS snapshot for a few months, and
4 today i've finaly decided to sync it with SVN trunk. Ouch... that
5 was not such a great idea... First, some *.sh files were not
6 sourcing because of some typos. Then, once fixed, i've seen
7 portage starting to play with my root filesystem (missing $IMAGE in
8 dyn_preinst is not good...). Finally, looking at the SVN
9 changelog, i see that it doesn't get most of the fixes/improvements
10 that goes in 2.0.
11 So, i'm wondering: should i properly report this issues, or is
12 trunk completly given up? And the corollary question: if i was
13 about to update a few old small patches i have sitting on b.g.o,
14 what would be the right branch to work on? Is 2.0 opened to new
15 features again?
16
17 Thanks,
20 TGL.