From: Mike Auty <mike.auty@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Package moves in overlays
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:12:02
1 Yeah,
2 Sorry about the double posting, patrick told me about a gmail "feature"
3 that means you never see your own posts...
4 I agree that the updates should only affect that individual tree.
5 Whilst I can imagine cases where a move in the main tree should affect
6 overlay trees (such as recategorizing some net-misc ebuilds into a
7 net-proxy category), that could at least be emulated with a per-tree
8 move directive fairly easily.
9 It sounds as though the answer is that there currently no way to do
10 these kinds of moves, so what's the next step? Should I try and hack up
11 a version to deal with updates on a per tree basis? Is it actively
12 being developed and I'm just unaware of it? What can I do to help get
13 this feature into a future version of portage? It would be very useful
14 to have, because at the moment network administrator's can't quite use
15 overlays as a software management mechanism...
16 Thanks for you time,
17 Mike 5:)
18 --
19 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list