From: Sebastian Luther <SebastianLuther@×××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] New Portage release
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 18:12:31
1 Am 08.02.2014 10:03, schrieb Fabian Groffen:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > I'm sorry if this has been discussed previously. I admit not having
5 > read all of the mails on this list recently.
6 >
7 > Long story short: what are the plans on releasing 2.2.9?
8
9 I think there aren't any plans atm.
12 > Longer version: for Prefix I likely need a new release soon to get some
13 > fixes out of the door. Since I like to stay on par with mainline
14 > portage's versioning here, I've been going along with mainline portage's
15 > releases for a while, which worked fine. Now we haven't got a release
16 > for a long while, what's the plans here? Is there anyone at all who
17 > can/dares to spin a release?
20 The approach with 2.2.8 was to do it once someone sees the need to do
21 it. I think that's just a reasonable approach we could continue to use.
22 I don't see a problem with releasing 2.2.9 if you want that for prefix.
23
24 > Apologies in advance if this has been discussed recently.
25 >
26 > Thanks,
27 > Fabian
28 >