From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] webapp-config and webapps
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:28:51
1 PS:
2
3 On Thursday 28 October 2004 21:55, Wendall Cada wrote:
4 > I see reference to -vhost which is in theory the default.
5 > Maybe on an new install. Not on my existing installs.
6
7 The default is indeed -vhosts, which tells Portage to automatically install a
8 copy of a web-based app into /var/www/localhost/htdocs/<app-name>/. Portage
9 does this by running webapp-config. You can find the code responsible
10 in /usr/portage/eclass/webapp.eclass.
11
12 > I gave read all the documents at this point and read all the same bitches
13 > in the forums.
14
15 If people are having trouble with webapp-config, it's a shame that they
16 haven't filed bugs or emailed me. My email address *is* included in the
17 AUTHOR section of the man pages ;-)
18
19 I don't read the forums very regularly. Could you post some URLs for some of
20 the threads? I'd be interested to read (and comment on) them.
21
22 Best regards,
23 Stu
24 --
25 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
26 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
27 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
28
29 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
30 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
34 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list