From: Wendall Cada <wendallc@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] webapp-config and webapps
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:56:12
1 Ok, I may have jumped the gun a bit. I gave read all the documents at
2 this point and read all the same bitches in the forums. I see reference
3 to -vhost which is in theory the default. Maybe on an new install. Not
4 on my existing installs. When the switch way made, it was done poorly.
5 Previous implementations should have been honored. Instead, it appeared
6 as though a user was forced to use webapp-config. Which I still believe
7 is the case for the most part. I can adjust to the new stuff, but I
8 think it needs some serious consideration from the portage devs as it
9 breaks the use of portage. If this is the way of the future, I guess I'm
10 stuck. Else, please consider moving back to making non-structural
11 changes be handled by portage.
12
13 Wendall
14