From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] webapp-config and webapps
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:20:29
1 On Thursday 28 October 2004 21:55, Wendall Cada wrote:
2 > When the switch way made, it was done poorly.
3
4 How could we have done it better?
5
6 News items were published on www.gentoo.org, in GWN, and in a popular
7 magazine. Announcements were posted to Gentoo mailing lists.
8
9 The one thing we do lack is documentation on www.gentoo.org. However, the man
10 pages that come with webapp-config are very comprehensive.
11
12 > Previous implementations should have been honored.
13
14 Not possible, practical, or desirable. Sorry.
15
16 > If this is the way of the future, I guess I'm
17 > stuck. Else, please consider moving back to making non-structural
18 > changes be handled by portage.
19
20 What is it about webapp-config that concerns you?
21
22 Best regards,
23 Stu
27 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list