From: Wendall Cada <wendallc@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] webapp-config and webapps
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:34:23
1 > The system should work in a way that such a separate install set is only
2 > necessary when virtual host support is enabled. (In which case it makes
3 > sense). If you have your system set up for single host webserving it is a bug
4 > if things are not installed automatically.
5 >
6 > Paul
7
8 I use a virual hosting environment, and do not want to use or enable
9 webapp-config. I also don't think that it is a good criteria to base the
10 use of the tool from. I have not found a way to disable it. As soon as
11 all webapps were converted over to it, I have had to use it or nothing.
12 I think it should be setup by the user if they need the functionality
13 and left out by default if not. Let portage do the job it was designed
14 for and toolkits to do the jobs they were designed for.
15
16 Wendall
17 --
18 "Only the ideas that we really live have any value." --Hermann Hesse
19 (Demian)
23 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list