From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Custom eclass question
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:31:00
1 On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:37:43AM +0300, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > Brian Harring wrote:
3 > >On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 06:52:24PM -0500, Mikey wrote:
4 > >
5 > >>http://codeserver.wherever.net/pman/package_ids.php?action=package&id=10105
6 > >>
7 > >
8 > >[snip bits about wget screwing up]
9 > >
10 > >Others have already clarified that's it python side rather then bash
11 > >so eclass is no go, but out of curiousity any got a good reason we
12 > >can't modify FETCHCOMMAND to include FILE rather then just DISTDIR?
13 > >
14 > >With wget, it's just -O. Curl, piping probably (although haven't
15 > >looked at their opts)...
16 >
17 > Where do you get the filename from if not SRC_URI?
18 Additional metadata tagged in, or mangling of the syntax in some way.
19
20 Kind of a moot question if we can't extend FETCHCOMMAND/RESUMECOMMAND
21 for it though, hence the question about if any fetchers will seriously
22 choke on this requirement.
23 ~harring