From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Custom eclass question
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:06:46
1 Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:37:43AM +0300, Marius Mauch wrote:
3 >
4 >>Brian Harring wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 06:52:24PM -0500, Mikey wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>>http://codeserver.wherever.net/pman/package_ids.php?action=package&id=10105
10 >>>>
11 >>>
12 >>>[snip bits about wget screwing up]
13 >>>
14 >>>Others have already clarified that's it python side rather then bash
15 >>>so eclass is no go, but out of curiousity any got a good reason we
16 >>>can't modify FETCHCOMMAND to include FILE rather then just DISTDIR?
17 >>>
18 >>>With wget, it's just -O. Curl, piping probably (although haven't
19 >>>looked at their opts)...
20 >>
21 >>Where do you get the filename from if not SRC_URI?
22 >
23 > Additional metadata tagged in, or mangling of the syntax in some way.
24
25 I don't want to imagine how ugly that will get, syntax mangling will
26 probably break things and additional metadata needs a way to properly
27 map entries.
28
29 > Kind of a moot question if we can't extend FETCHCOMMAND/RESUMECOMMAND
30 > for it though, hence the question about if any fetchers will seriously
31 > choke on this requirement.
32
33 *shrug*, IIRC we removed prozilla support long ago, so wget (and curl
34 for osx) are currently the only supported fetchers. Anything else falls
35 into user responsibility.
36
37 Marius
38 --