From: Roman Gaufman <hackeron@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Per-package emerge log behaviour
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 10:07:01
1 I also dont like how the log file for 1 emerge is split into 2 logfiles:
2 1898-python-2.3.4.log (pre/during)
3 1899-python-2.3.4.log (post)
4
5 I think even a timestamp without having 2 logfiles is better:
6 1098387780-python-2.3.4.log
7
8 I really think splitting the output to 2 logs isnt that great either.
9 If anything, then all notices, warnings and failures should go to 1
10 log file with another file simply logging everything for debug
11 purposes.
12
13 But in anycase there's a shell script: 'portlog-info' --
14 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=67849 to make something
15 useful out of the mess in portlog-dir ;)
16
17 On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 06:30:11 +0200 (MEST), Igor V. Rafienko