From: "Igor V. Rafienko" <igorr@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Per-package emerge log behaviour
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 04:30:19
1 Hi,
4 Recently I have noticed that one can tell portage to produce per-package
5 emerge logs (which is _very_ nice). However, after poking around a bit, it
6 looks like the format of the individual logfiles is hammered. Maybe I am
7 simply not looking in the right places, but I was wondering whether it
8 would be possible to offer some formatting options.
9
10 E.g. I would like such per-package logfiles to include a timestamp (in a
11 human-friendly format, say, YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM), and the sorting[1] to occur
12 first by date, then by package and then some sort of unique identifier[2]
13 to break off the ties. This way it would be pretty easy to look for
14 interesting messages from a bulk of emerges from a specific timepoint.
15
16 Any thoughts on this?
17
18 TIA,
24 ivr
25 [1] ... as seen with ls. The easiest way would be to format the file names
26 :)
27 [2] I presume that:
28
29 mysettings["LOG_COUNTER"]=str(db[myroot]["vartree"].dbapi.get_counter_tick_core("/"))
30
31 ... does just that -- creates a unique identifier for the logs.
32 --
33 VB, by comparison, treats you like a secretary pecking on MS Office.
34 -- Phlip, on c.l.c++
37 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list