From: Christopher Korn <chris@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Next major version
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:35:34
1 On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:19:58 -0400
2 Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > I had a wiki that attempted to cover portage-2.0 api documentation as
5 > well as anything written for 2.1 but lost much of the work in a
6 > transition from windows to linux ( I screwed up the SQl backups :) ).
7 > I thought about putting something up on the devwiki but I haven't
8 > proposed anything because no one really likes a wiki for API docs.
9
10 Yeah. A wiki isn't the best way, but better than nothing.
11 Probably writing a documentation based on the XML Guide format Gentoo
12 is using is a good start.
13
14 > As for API docs, there are none at present; and there are no plans
15 > for any stable docs, IIRC.
16 >
17 > As for a developer website, what kinds of information are you looking
18 > for?
19
20 All information I want is on the page [1], but the mentioned API
21 documentation would help other people to find easy access to
22 portage-development.
23 This is the only improvement a "new" portage site needs in my opinion,
24 since writing something like this needs a good knowledge of Python,
25 easily asking someone to volunteer for it isn't good. :)
30 Chris
37 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/portage/index.xml