From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Status of SVN trunk?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:02:43
1 On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:21:21 -0500
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Any updates to 2.1, I'd be curious about since it's bash core is
5 > the basis of 3.x
6
7 The savior's bash code seems sane compared to the trunk's one. It
8 doesn't have the typos ("$Header$" lines in a few .sh files and
9 missing ";;" in the unpack() case for RAR), nor the bug in
10 dyn_preinst() which makes portage play with the root filesystem
11 (missing "local IMAGE=${D}"). A vimdiff beetween the "svn blame
12 ebuild-default-functions.sh" of this two branches seems to show that
13 all it mainly lacks is a bunch of cosmetic changes (commit #1893 -
14 warning though: that's also were some of the above cited bugs were
15 introduced, so don't apply the whole thing).
16
17 Now, compared to 2.0 (and just reading changelog), i see:
18 - some patches missing in both branches: some are new stuffs
19 i'm sure you're already aware of (EBUILD_DEATH_HOOK, EAPI support,
20 etc.), other are fixes (lchown/lchgrp for instance, but i also see
21 something about .tar unpacking in changelog which seems to apply,
22 etc.).
23 - some missing in trunk only (CCACHE_DIR fix for instance).
24
25 I'm okay to try to make some more detailed report with patches, but
26 i would first like to know whether trunk is going anywhere. I mean,
27 it's obvious that atm noone uses it since it's not even
28 syntacticaly correct. That, plus some bugs closed as dups of #102126
29 without beeing fixed, makes me wonder... Oh, and also this recent
30 email from Marius on gentoo-dev@:
31
32 > On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:00:56 +0000