From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Need backup mentor for FUSE-based sandbox project
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 06:52:30
1 On Sat, 2020-04-25 at 21:40 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 12:09 PM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hi, everyone.
5 > >
6 > > It seems that we *urgently* (read: in 6 days) need to find backup
7 > > mentors for this year's GSoC projects. I'm mentoring the project to
8 > > develop a FUSE-based sandbox alternative that's going to work reliably
9 > > with more packages than the LD_PRELOAD hack [1].
10 > >
11 > > Would anyone volunteer to be the backup maintainer for this?
12 > >
13 > > [1]
14 > > https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/5749981018849280/proposal/5572241732927488/
15 >
16 > I get a 403 for that.
17 >
18 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2020/Ideas#FUSE-powered_sandbox
19 > is
20 > your writeup; I assume the above is supposed to be a link to the student's
21 > proposal?
22
23 Yes and yes. I suppose idea of stable links didn't reach Google yet.
24 However, I should have noted that we have a backup mentor now but
25 there's no harm in having a second backup ;-).
30 > > --
31 > > Best regards,
32 > > Michał Górny
37 Best regards,