From: Michiel de Bruijne <m.debruijne@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: generating ._cfg0000_foo multiple times between --sync
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:44:38
1 On Saturday 15 April 2006 18:51, Duncan wrote:
2
3 > man emerge, search on --noconfmem, or emerge --help. Both the usual
4 > places one looks for documentation on command line options for a Unix
5 > command cover it. That seems decent documentation to me, as I didn't
6 > remember what the option was either as I've never needed to use it, but I
7 > found it relatively quickly when I needed to, and had looked over the
8 > manpage before when learning about emerge and portage, so was aware the
9 > command existed if needed.
10 >
11 > While making this a feature so the user can change the default might be
12 > debatable, the stated purpose and default seem sensible to me.
13 >
14 > Meanwhile, if you want that for your default, it's simple enough to do
15 > with a shell alias, or using the new EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS var in make.conf.
16
17 I have looked through the manpage and emerge --help, can't believe that I
18 overlooked it twice. Thanks for your help/reply!!
19
20 Regards,
21 Michiel.
22 --