From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o, rich0@g.o, twitch153@g.o, zlg@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Team leader(s) election meeting
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 12:06:17
1 On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 19:59:05 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Dnia 2015-09-26, o godz. 10:54:08
5 > Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> napisał(a):
6 >
8 > > Hash: SHA512
9 > >
10 > > On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 12:12:57 +0200
11 > > Alexander Berntsen <bernalex@g.o> wrote:
12 > >
13 > > > Friends,
14 > > >
15 > > > please set your availability[0] for our next meeting, where we
16 > > > will elect team leader(s). We should probably also clear up the
17 > > > memberships as most of the members haven't been active in months
18 > > > (some have actually never been active at all).
19 > > >
20 > > > On a related note this would be a good time for anyone interested
21 > > > in contributing to Portage to show up. If you have any questions
22 > > > on how to get into Portage hacking, the current team leaders will
23 > > > be there to answer your questions to the best of our abilities.
24 > > >
25 > > > Please feel free to distribute this email to non-devs that are
26 > > > interested in contributing to Gentoo or Portage. There are several
27 > > > other distros using Portage, but we rarely hear anything from any
28 > > > of them except for the Google guys every now and again. Then
29 > > > there's the matter of our users themselves. Surely it is in
30 > > > everyone's interest that this project doesn't stagnate.
31 > > >
32 > > > Thanks.
33 > > >
34 > > > [0] <http://whenisgood.net/portage>
35 > > > - --
36 > > > Alexander
37 > > > bernalex@g.o
38 > > > https://secure.plaimi.net/~alexander
41 > > First off, it's good to see so many people taking an interest in the
42 > > portage meeting.
43 > >
44 > > But it seems that for many of us, our times do not have a
45 > > convergence of any kind.
46 > >
47 > > Please go to http://whenisgood.net/portage/results/y8rwaw9
48 > >
49 > > And try to adjust your available times so that we can hold a meeting
50 > > with as many of us as possible.
51 > >
52 > > Promising times UTC are: Mon. 3pm, Fri 5pm
53 > >
54 > > I know Zac and myself have other meetings scheduled for 5:45pm Mon
55 > > and 6pm on Wed., Thurs., Fr. So those times are out
56 >
57 > You can always choose to hold the election over mail.
60 Yeah, I think that would be best this time around. We don't seem to
61 have a time when the three main (active) team members are available.
62 Plus there are a number of other people interested in the team. Maybe
63 there are a few interested in joining...
66 So, here is a run down of current activity...
67
68 We have 3 active members:
69
70 Zac Medico: Been busy working on bugs as they come in. Thanks Zac
71
72 Brian Dolbec: Patch review, Doing releases, working on repoman re-write,
73 stage 1 of the rewrite has now been released with only a
74 few bugs reported against it :) I also need to get some
75 work done on the gkeys integration.
76
77 Alexander Bernsten: Mostly been helping review (Zac's) patches.
78
79 Ulrich Mueller: PMS liason, submits some patches occasionally
80
81 Mike Frysinger: Works on some bugs, mostly maintains Sandbox.
82
83 Jesus Rivero: on dev away, hardware failures.
84
85 Pavel Kazakov: on dev way, Real life.
86
87 Alec Warner: on dev away (long term)
88
89 Arfrever Frehtes: helps on irc, no patches submitted yet in 2015
90
91 Fabian Groffen: prefix portage: status unknown
92
93 Thomas Sachau: multilib portage: status unknown, project seems to have
94 been replaced by multilib eclasses.
95
96 Paul Varner: Tools-portage lead: Limited availability due to health,
97 He could definitely use more help.
98
99 I haven't enough time to work on gentoolkit, but
100 can help guide anyone interested in working on gentoolkit, and help
101 get another release out with some improvements, bugfixes.
104 So, why don't we set Sat. Oct. 3 as the deadline for nominations and
105 acceptance, and new (voting) members to join the team. (I'm don't know
106 what the rules state about that)
107
108 And make Sat. Oct. 10 as the final date for voting.
112 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>