From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Proposal: pre-emerge advisories
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 09:29:11
1 On Friday 08 July 2005 16:40, Craig Lawson wrote:
2 > What I'd like to see *before* I upgrade is a list of advisories about
3 > what trouble I'm in for. By the time most people upgrade a package,
4 > someone's been there before and felt the pain. The answers, or at least
5 > the warnings, are in the Forums. Yet searching the forums before
6 > upgrading each package is not practical. Similarly, the build logs are
7 > 99% stuff I don't care to read and 1% that I really do. How to find it?
8 > Better yet, I'd like to see it *before* I build.
9
10 How about the ChangeLog? You're on the wrong list for this. The thread should
11 be on gentoo-dev@g.o.
12
13 Regards,
14 Jason Stubbs