From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] repos.conf location w.r.t PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 20:40:32
1 On 05/10/2015 01:08 PM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2015-05-10 at 11:45 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
3 >> On 05/10/2015 04:47 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
4 >>> However, there may be a another bug in here. Portage is complaining over not being able
5 >>> to load the hosts profile as the hosts is using "profile-formats = portage-2" and my
6 >>> CONFIGROOT is not. I don't think my CONFIGROOT should be forced to use "profile-formats = portage-2"
7 >>> just because the host is?
8 >>
9 >> It sounds like your profile must by using some feature that is not
10 >> supported with the default profile format. Otherwise, why would you
11 >> receive an error? These kinds of errors are only triggered when
12 >> something about the profile is not supported by the default profile format.
13 >
14 > Yes I do use portage-2 features in my host, I thought this was clear?
15 > Now in my CONFIGROOT I am not and the point I trying to make is that my
16 > CONFIGROOT should not have to worry about what profile format the host is using.
17
18 I don't recall a bug like that being filed yet. Could you please file
19 one at bugs.gentoo.org?
20 --
21 Thanks,
22 Zac