From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: "gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] repos.conf location w.r.t PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 20:08:10
1 On Sun, 2015-05-10 at 11:45 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 05/10/2015 04:47 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
3 > > However, there may be a another bug in here. Portage is complaining over not being able
4 > > to load the hosts profile as the hosts is using "profile-formats = portage-2" and my
5 > > CONFIGROOT is not. I don't think my CONFIGROOT should be forced to use "profile-formats = portage-2"
6 > > just because the host is?
7 >
8 > It sounds like your profile must by using some feature that is not
9 > supported with the default profile format. Otherwise, why would you
10 > receive an error? These kinds of errors are only triggered when
11 > something about the profile is not supported by the default profile format.
12
13 Yes I do use portage-2 features in my host, I thought this was clear?
14 Now in my CONFIGROOT I am not and the point I trying to make is that my
15 CONFIGROOT should not have to worry about what profile format the host is using.
16
17 Jocke