From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] repos.conf location w.r.t PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 18:45:44
1 On 05/10/2015 04:47 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
2 > However, there may be a another bug in here. Portage is complaining over not being able
3 > to load the hosts profile as the hosts is using "profile-formats = portage-2" and my
4 > CONFIGROOT is not. I don't think my CONFIGROOT should be forced to use "profile-formats = portage-2"
5 > just because the host is?
6
7 It sounds like your profile must by using some feature that is not
8 supported with the default profile format. Otherwise, why would you
9 receive an error? These kinds of errors are only triggered when
10 something about the profile is not supported by the default profile format.
11 --
12 Thanks,
13 Zac