From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] RFC: replacing "packages"
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:04:19
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:34:44 -0500
3 > Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> For packages that are in the "system" set, wouldn't adding the
6 >> contents of system.{,r}depend to {,R}DEPEND cause problems in dep
7 >> resolution? Would there be a way to prevent the contents of these
8 >> files from being added for packages that are themselves in these
9 >> files?
10 >
11 > Did you miss the part about RESTRICT=system-deps?
12
13 I read it before, but didn't register it. Re-reading that sentence in the
14 context of my question, it makes more sense now :)
17 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
18 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
19 --
20 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list