From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage docbook documentation -> why not asciidoc ?
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 22:45:34
1 On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Saturday, November 27, 2010 16:39:04 Alec Warner wrote:
3 >> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 6:53 AM, Zac Medico wrote:
4 >> > As it is, I'm fairly comfortable with docbook. Now you want me to learn
5 >> > a new format, with possible drawbacks, in order to try and draw in some
6 >> > contributions that may never happen?
7 >>
8 >> Here is where I would look for data.  Are there pending contributions?
9 >>  I have not seen anyone on this list specifically say "I'd write some
10 >> documentation if it was not in docbook."  I have had issues (years
11 >> ago) getting vapier to write documentation; but I assumed that was
12 >> because he hated writing docs and he contributed documentation after a
13 >> while.
14 >
15 > not sure where you're going with this, but i'm the one who started the doc/
16 > dir and introduced the docbook system.  obviously i have no problem with it
17 > and would rather see real examples of people who are being impeded by it
18 > rather than yet another "omg we need to switch to this awesome new format
19 > because it is so awesome".
20 > -mike
23 I'm saying you should write more docs! But we agree on the other point ;)