From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage docbook documentation -> why not asciidoc ?
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 21:55:15
1 On Saturday, November 27, 2010 16:39:04 Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 6:53 AM, Zac Medico wrote:
3 > > As it is, I'm fairly comfortable with docbook. Now you want me to learn
4 > > a new format, with possible drawbacks, in order to try and draw in some
5 > > contributions that may never happen?
6 >
7 > Here is where I would look for data. Are there pending contributions?
8 > I have not seen anyone on this list specifically say "I'd write some
9 > documentation if it was not in docbook." I have had issues (years
10 > ago) getting vapier to write documentation; but I assumed that was
11 > because he hated writing docs and he contributed documentation after a
12 > while.
13
14 not sure where you're going with this, but i'm the one who started the doc/
15 dir and introduced the docbook system. obviously i have no problem with it
16 and would rather see real examples of people who are being impeded by it
17 rather than yet another "omg we need to switch to this awesome new format
18 because it is so awesome".
19 -mike