From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: tools-portage packages
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 03:10:16
1 Alec Warner posted on Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:18:53 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 >> * app-portage/esearch [gentoo]
4 >> None specified
5 >
6 > I used to maintain this; but I don't see a compelling reason to use it
7 > over eix, so I recommend removal.
8
9 FWIW, I use esearch (heh, just looked up eix with it). I have it
10 embedded in my update script as well, to update its database, and have a
11 few front-ends for it (ehome being the most used), which return just the
12 specified data.
13
14 So switching to eix if esearch is treecleaned wouldn't be entirely
15 painless, but it shouldn't be overly painful, either.
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman