From: Sri Gupta <oopsz@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Setting an env var for a specific ebuild
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:02:56
1 On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 08:38:51AM -0800, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > I have a problem with building Apache and have not found any answers
3 > in searching the forums or asking. Please let me know if this is not
4 > the right place to ask.
5 >
6 > Apache uses a wrapper called suexec to run setuid cgi programs. As
7 > part of its security check, suexec refuses to run any program whose
8 > location does not match a compiled-in path, which by default is
9 > .../public_html/... Note that this path is NOT picked up from the run
10 > time configuration, but from the build time configuration.
11 >
12 > The net-www/apache-2.0.52-ebuild sets this build time value with an
13 > env var:
14 >
15 > apache_setup_vars() {
16 > # Sets the USERDIR to default.
17 > USERDIR="public_html"
18 >
19 > But I have always used a different USERDIR value, and do not know how
20 > to override this. I have resorted to editing the ebuild directly,
21 > which means that I forget it on every upgrade and have to scratch my
22 > head every time the first suexec program fails. I am getting quicker
23 > at diagnosing the problem :-)
24 >
25 > Of course editing the ebuild is not the right way to do it, but I have
26 > not found any way of setting an override in /etc/portage or anywhere
27 > else. I don't see how my own usr/local/portage ebuild would help; I'd
28 > have to copy it from /usr/portage and edit anyway.
29 >
30 > Is there a better way, or any way, to set a more-or-less permanent
31 > override of this env var?
32
33 This mailing list is more for portage development.
34 Gentoo-server would be a better one to ask on.
35
36 anyway, I have the same problem, and usually edit the ebuild every upgrade.
37 I haven't found a more graceful way to change the suexec path.
38
39 -Sri
42 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list